Regulations and Policies
Members are expected to observe the following rules while using the library services; any violation of these rules will incur appropriate disciplinary action.
* Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., outside the library entrance.
* Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
* After reading, leave books on the table. Please do not shelve the books.
* Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
* Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the Circulation Section.
* Keep your mobiles off within the library premises.
* Make sure you have provided correct e-mail address while filling your library membership form.
* Report lost books or other materials to the library immediately to stop overdue fines.
* Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
* While returning library books or other materials at the Circulation Desk please ensure that the circulation staff has returned the book.
* Fine must be paid at the time of return of books.
Book Bank Section:5>
* A maximum of 5 books different may be borrowed.
* Books shall be loaned for current semester only. All books shall have to be returned at the end of semester irrespective of their date of issue.
* Book rent shall be Rs. 10 per book.
* Late fee fine shall be Rs. 1 per book, per day.
* Damage book will not be accepted.
* Double price of the book will be charged in case of lost or bring the same book from the market.
* Reference material such as Reference material/ theses/ loose-leaf/ publications/ non-printed such as CD-ROMs are for reference purpose only and can not issued.
* Books may not be taken from one floor to the other.
* Never write, scribble or cut the pages of the library material.
* Talking aloud is prohibited.
* Smoking is prohibited.
* Library staffs are empowered to stop any unhealthy activity.
* Eatables are not permitted in the library
* After consulting the library material leave it on the table.
* Reprography service of library holding is available @ Rs.2/-
* Faculty can recommend needed books for their courses and research.
* Faculty members/ students may submit request for purchase of books with recommendations of their head of department.
* Purchase will be done from the local vendors or directly from publishers based on their performance like response to the queries, speed of supply, adherence to the terms and conditions, etc.
* Books may be donated in the Library office for acceptance / rejection.
* Only original books in good condition will be accepted as donation for library.
Information Resource Centre 5>
* The library members must produce the membership card at IRC Desk.
* The members must enter the check and check out time in Eatery / Exit Register.
* The members are required to use the internet for educational purpose only. Browsing of social media and political sites are not allowed in IRC. In case of violation, Penalty will be imposed.
* Members entering in the IRC shall not allow bringing in, personal belonging (laptop, any hardware, bags, over coat etc.).
* Each members must have the username & password issued from System Administrator.
* No Member has the right to use the username and password of other Member(s). In case of violation, Penalty will be imposed to both the members.
* The members must save the personal data in home holder that allocated on library file Server with his Registration Number.
* The members must move the data from home folder for Backup purpose. IRC staff will not be responsible for any loss of data.
* The members can scan maximum 10 pages of reference material and / or personal document free of cost.
* The members can write / burn the personal data in Compact disk (CD’s.).
* The members can print the documents in black & white at nominal rate.
* Each member must hold single computer.
* Talking aloud is prohibited in the IRC.
* Eatables are not allowed in IRC.